Raksanna is known for her energetic and motivating teaching style. She is the owner and artistic director of her own dance studio, with a structured curriculum with Levels 1 through 4 for the beginner to advanced dancer and a formal apprenticeship program for beginning teachers who embrace the authenticity of Egyptian-style Cabaret Belly Dance. Graduates of her apprenticeship program earn a Certificate of Completion and have the opportunity to assume faculty positions at her Studio.
Certified by World Renown Instructor, Choreographer and Producer, Raqia Hassan
In December 2006, Raksanna returned to Cairo for Raqia Hassan’s (producer of the internationally recognized Ahlan Wa Shlan dance festival) intensive teacher training conference where she received her certification from Raqia in Egyptian dance. She is honored to hold this professional credential. At this prestigious program, Raksanna was one of eleven teachers from across the world to be invited to perform in the ending gala ceremony. She has also been invited three times to teach at the Ahlan Wa Salan festival.
Weekly Classes, Seminar Weekends, Master Classes
With in-depth knowledge on a broad series of belly dance genres, Raksanna offers weekly classes for beginners through advanced and professional dancers in Naperville, a western suburb of Chicago with surrounding areas of Oswego, Plainfield, Aurora and Bolingbrook. She also teaches a comprehensive menu of seminars and master workshops across North America and abroad.
Raksanna is also featured in and the producers of several instructional videos, “Experience the Magic.” This series of video instruction emphasizes both technique and choreography.
Continued Life Long Learning
Every year, Raksanna travels to Cairo, Egypt to study intensively with the world’s top teachers and trainers such as Randa Kamel, Raqia Hassan, Dr. Mo Geddawi, Magda and Atef, Mona Said, Kamal Neim, Methat Fahmy, Ehab Gedulla, Ibrahim Suezi, Dr. Magdi M Ferki, Nabil Mabrook, Hamada Hossam, Shalaby, Wafaa Fouzy, Do’a, Momo Kodous, Zaza Hassan, Beba, Yousrey Hefni, Nany Sabry, Katia, Dina, Morroco, Nagwa Fouad, Sorayya, Asmahan, Ala Yousef and Ala Abu Leya. Her past training also includes workshops with Dahlena, Dolphina, Jilliana and Abeer Will.
Raksanna began her dance and fitness career in New York, where she established programs at State University of New York (SUNY), Potsdam and Clarkson University. The program at SUNY Potsdam was aimed at community participants and the curriculum at Clarkson University was designed for the Clarkson University Golden Knights (NCAA Hockey Champions for ten years running).
Raksanna is President and CEO of Raksanna Productions, Inc. She holds a Masters degree in Management, a Bachelor degree in Marketing and a Bachelor degree in Social Science from Clarkson University. In addition to her fitness career, she has over 12 years of corporate leadership experience, most recently at General Electric as a senior leader of Marketing & Communication.
- AFAA Primary Group Fitness Instructor
- AFAA Personal Trainer and Fitness Counselor
- AFAA Weight Training
- AFAA/Reebok Step Aerobics
- AFAA Kickboxing
- AFAA Yoga
- AFAA Telefitness
- AFAA Fitness Practitioner (in progress)
- Mad Dog (Johnny G) Spinning
- Stott Pilates Mat
- Stott Pilates Reformer
- Stott Pilates Cadillac, Chair and Barrel
- Turbo-Kick Instructor
- BOSU Fitness Instructor
- Resist-A-Ball Instructor
- Urban Rebound Instructor
- AAAI/ISMA Yoga Phase 2
- American Red Cross CPR
- Master Reiki Teacher
- Master of Science, Management (Concentration: Marketing), 1997, Clarkson University
- Bachelor of Science, Marketing, 1996, Clarkson University
- Bachelor of Science, Social Science, 1996, Clarkson University
Select Professional Experience
- President & CEO, Raksanna Productions, Inc., 2003-Present
- VP, Marketing & Communications, GE Specialty Insurance, 2001-2003
- Senior Manager, GE Partnership Marketing Group, 1999-2001
- Manager, GE Railcar Services, 1997-2001
- Marketing and Communication Lead, Clarkson University, 1992-1997
- Fitness Instructor and Coach, Clarkson University, 1992-1997
- Continuing Education Instructor, SUNY Potsdam, 1992-1997
- Owner & Fitness Instructor, Body Power by Roxie, 1988-1992